Classes available in three areas including parent/child learning, where adults attend class with children from newborn to age five; effective parenting, which are court-ordered classes; and family communication classes to promote and improve interpersonal relationships between parents and children.
For list of current classes,click Parent Education Classes.
Parent Education Program SLOs
- To give parents and caregivers the tools, resources, knowledge, community, and guided practice to calmly navigate the emotional, physical and financial stressors of raising a child in the 21st century.
- To examine curriculum that models ethical practices with children, families, colleagues and communities.
- Students will learn how to communicate with individuals that maybe from different socio, cultural, racial, ethnic, or other background from themselves.
- To provide parents with the processes necessary to understand child growth and development and examine practices that respect and support inclusion.
- Develop/enhance interpersonal skills of communication; listening, cooperative co-creation in an age, gender, disability, and racially diverse environment.
Carol Wilkinson Ed.D. firstname.lastname@example.org
North City Mesa College Campus
7350 Armstrong Place San Diego, CA 92111