Classes available in three areas including parent/child learning, where adults attend class with children from newborn to age five; effective parenting, which are court-ordered classes; and family communication classes to promote and improve interpersonal relationships between parents and children.
For list of current classes,click Parent Education Classes.
Parent Education Program SLOs
- To give parents and caregivers the tools, resources, knowledge, community, and guided practice to calmly navigate the emotional, physical and financial stressors of raising a child in the 21st century.
- To examine curriculum that models ethical practices with children, families, colleagues and communities.
- Students will learn how to communicate with individuals that maybe from different socio, cultural, racial, ethnic, or other background from themselves.
- To provide parents with the processes necessary to understand child growth and development and examine practices that respect and support inclusion.
- Develop/enhance interpersonal skills of communication; listening, cooperative co-creation in an age, gender, disability, and racially diverse environment.
Program Dean Resident Site Dean West City Campus
Dr. Lorie Howell
West City Campus
3249 Fordham St.
San Diego CA 92110-5332