The Academic Senate - Where your voice as a professional educator counts.
Here faculty members and community partners can learn about faculty activities and the Continuing Education Academic Senate. More importantly, the information and resources you need are always here waiting for you. This Academic Senate webpage is designed to provide assistance to our faculty members responsible for establishing and sustaining the academic integrity of our courses and programs.
The primary purpose for the Academic Senate is to serve as the official voice of over 600 faculty members in making recommendations to the district, administration and the Board of Trustees about academic and professional matters. It is our hope that you will attend the monthly senate meetings where we engage in thoughtful dialogue and decision making.
Section 53200 Definitions
Academic Senate means an organization whose primary function is to make recommendations with respect to academic and professional matters.
Academic and Professional matters means the following policy development and implementation matters:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites.
- Degree and certificate requirements.
- Grading policies.
- Educational program development.
- Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
- College governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes.
- Policies for faculty professional development activities.
- Processes for program review.
- Processes fog institutional planning and budget development.
- Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.
Consult Collegially means that the district governing board shall develop policies on academic and professional matters through either or both of the following:
- Rely primarily upon the advice and judgment of the academic senate, OR
- The governing board, or its designees, and the academic senate shall reach mutual agreement by written resolution, regulation, or policy of the governing board effectuating such recommendations.
While only the elected members of the senate may vote, you are always welcome to participate in our discussions. As a valued faculty or community member we would like to hear from you.
Meetings are open to all and held normally on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, with some exceptions at ECC| RM 186 | 4343 Oceanview Blvd. San Diego, CA 92113.
Faculty, please check the online Flex Schedule for exact dates, times and locations. Go to this link http://cefaculty.sdccd.edu/ and click on "Flex" and check the updated schedule of workshops and meetings.
3rd Tuesday of each Month
ECC Room 186 3:00-5:00 PM
2016-2017 Executive Committee Officers
Richard Weinroth | email@example.com
Antoinette Griffin | firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew Rivaldi | email@example.com
Caron Lieber | firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair of Chairs
John Bromma| email@example.com
Donna Namdar | firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Review | Student Learning Outcomes Coordinator
Marne Foster | email@example.com